Vaquero Rawhide Cream® 11oz
VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM®— made especially to clean and soften fine rawhide tack, VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® restores and protects the integrity of rawhide tack from water, wear and sun.
Although originally created to clean and condition rawhide, our customers have discovered that VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® is ideal for: saddle strings, motorcycle leathers, tooled leather, English and Paso Fino saddles, brief cases, leather care seats, exotic leathers such as kangaroo, ostrich, gator or any leather you wish to condition without darkening.
VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM® is still handmade, by the Holes family, with the original 1976 recipe of second-generation, expert saddle maker Gerald Ray Holes.
Second-Generation Saddle Maker Gerald Ray Holes created Vaquero Rawhide Cream® in the 1970's to clean, soften and preserve rawhide reins, bosals, reatas, hondos and other rawhide buckaroo gear.
Even though it's our newest leather care product, (Saddle Butter® was created by Ray Holes in 1936,) Vaquero Rawhide Cream® is a top seller worldwide. Leather lovers have found a growing list of uses for this refined, light leather and rawhide dressing. It's perfect to clean, preserve and condition: rawhide tack, saddle strings, Western, English and Paso Fino saddles, car seats, brief cases, purses, and exotic leather boots.
Cleaning Rawhide Reins with VAQUERO RAWHIDE CREAM®
- Use a soft brush to remove buildup of dirt, dried sweat, hair, etc.
- Lather on a light coat Vaquero Rawhide Cream® with a little warm water. (Water temperature: if you can put your hand in the water, it's safe for cleaning rawhide. Up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Don't immerse the rawhide in water.
- Where the rawhide braid crosses, use a soft brush (tooth brush or nail brush) to work out the dirt.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Wipe dry with a towel.
- Hang reins and let rawhide air dry in the shade.
- Do not dry rawhide in the sun or with direct heat.