Springfield Leather Company and Glowforge® are Teaming up!
First thing you might ask yourself is: What is Glowforge®? Well, we’re so happy you asked! Glowforge is a 3D Laser Printer. For you scientific folks- Glowforge uses subtractive manufacturing while traditional 3D printers use additive manufacturing. A 3D printer builds up material, like plastic filament, layer by layer. With Glowforge, you’ll put a piece of material like leather, wood, or acrylic in the machine and it carves out your product using laser light. The technical name for the category of tools that includes Glowforge is a CNC laser cutter engraver, but that's a mouthful, so we call it a 3D laser printer.
With sophisticated onboard cameras, a powerful laser and intuitive software, you can print endless designs on hundreds of different materials - like leather, hardwood, metal or even glass. Glowforge cuts and engraves your designs directly on your favorite materials with such precision that you can lace up leather like a shoe. Whether you create a design with programs like Illustrator or InkScape - or with even just a pen - Glowforge turns your ideas into reality at the push of a button.
Some key features that make the Glowforge great are the cutting capabilities, personalization, affordability, and quality. The quality is superb due to its amazing auto focus. This machine also has an excellent camera, which makes it easy to position artwork to be engraved and cut.
Okay, so what’s that mean to you leathercrafting fools? Well, it means you can elevate your leathercraft with Glowforge! But before we get into upping your leather game, let’s chat about what this partnership between SLC and Glowforge means to you. Simply put this means discounts, and saving you your hard earned money! With our special referral link you can save hundreds of dollars on your very own Glowforge.
Here’s a breakdown of the savings:
$500 off a Glowforge Pro
$250 off a Glowforge Plus
$100 off a Glowforge Basic
About each machine:
Unlimited printing power with endless possibilities. The Glowforge Pro is the ultimate option for home, business, or school. It prints truly enormous objects like furniture with the exclusive Pro Passthrough, allowing you to use infinitely long materials. Upgraded solid-state cooling allows nonstop printing all day long. The powerful 45 watt laser cuts up to 20% faster, and the top engraving speed is up to three times as fast as the Glowforge Basic. Class 4 laser product; place near a window for ventilation.
The premium printing experience. The Glowforge Plus has the power to bring your vision to life at the speed of light. The Plus offers upgraded components and a top engraving speed that’s up to twice as fast as the Glowforge Basic. A double warranty offers yearlong peace of mind. Class 1 laser product; place near a window for ventilation.
An introduction to the power and simplicity of Glowforge. The Glowforge Basic creates beautiful prints on dozens of materials right at home. Like all Glowforge printers, the Glowforge Basic uses onboard cameras and a powerful laser to make it easy to create beautiful products at home. You'll be showing off your first print in under 30 minutes. Class 1 laser product; place near a window for ventilation.
Learn more about those offers here: Glowforge® | SLC®
1. Your cutting tools, awls, and pricking irons will soon be gathering dust Use Glowforge to cut your project pieces with laser precision. Add holes for snaps and buckles, in exactly the right spot, and cut every stitch hole so you can lace your projects together like a shoe. Engrave the surface of your material to provide a key for glues, add decorative lines to border your edges, and even skive away material for folds and creases!
2. Prototyping has never been so easy Quickly cut prototypes from cardstock before breaking out your expensive leathers and check your sizing, test your flaps and pockets, and ensure your snaps and buckles are all positioned correctly. After your pre-flight checks are complete, use the same digital files to cut your final parts and start stitching!
3. Don’t spend hundreds of dollars on debossing stamps anymore! Engrave custom debossing stamps from thick acrylic or delrin to add detail to your projects. Save hundreds of dollars and weeks of lead time, and offer embossing services to more of your customers. And of course, now your studio has a Glowforge printer, you print directly onto your leathers and skip the arbor press altogether.
4. Create every template and guide you’ll ever need Prefer to cut your parts by hand? With Glowforge, cut precision templates with ease, and even label them with text and diagrams. Making a bespoke briefcase for a customer? Use cardstock to create detailed but temporary guides for your scratch awl. Developed a core piece for your collection? Print a permanent template from acrylic with positioning marks for every stitch, crease and snap.
5. Make one. Or one hundred. When one of your incredible products inevitably sells out, load up your design, press print, and restock your shelves in hours, not days. Whether you print something bespoke for a special customer, or a hundred of your best seller, you can be sure that every one will be perfect, every time.
6. Glowforge is your favorite employee. Once your press the magic button, Glowforge takes care of the rest. So while Glowforge works hard to bring your most ambitious ideas to life, you can be working on your next best seller.
So what are you waiting for? Start creating today! Unlock the offers here: Glowforge® | SLC®